It's hard to believe that we're back at school, safe and sound! Here we are, back in our cluttered dorm room. Let me tell you, there is nothing like having to clear off a desk full of books and a laptop just to make a sandwich.
Yes, Abe and I are definitely living the life. We both have found jobs (miraculously) working in the prep kitchen for our food service on campus. We have great hours that work perfectly for us and we don't have to work with potentially baffling customers face to face. We prep all sorts of veggies, some fruits, and sometimes make salads. I have been the official Egg Salad Maker for the past few days now!
Abe is enjoying student teaching and the older kids like him. They told his sponsor teacher, "We like Mr. Myler. He's intelligent." Tell me something I don't know! Like how to get a bunch of eighth graders to behave in a general music class...
As for me, I just finished my second week of classes and it's flying by. Who knew I would have so much to do? The most exciting things include: finishing and turning in my BYU application, recording my auditions for BYU and UMich, finding a place to stay for my FSU audition, learning about taxes (yay!), and being thrown a hockey puck by one of our hockey players at a big home game last night. I was ecstatic that I didn't catch it with my face!
Another big update was a baptism! A new YSA joined the Potsdam Branch last Sunday when she was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Her name is Caroline and she is enthusiastic, adorable, and already a great friend. We're blessed to have her around!
Have good days (or weeks, or months) until we send more news!
No comments:
Post a Comment