Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The First Myler Olympiad

As Abe and I have begun to watch our first Olympics together, I have come to realize one thing- we're going to want soundproof walls so that our neighbourhood doesn't complain when we watch Olympic events.  Who knew Abe could (almost) yell as loudly as me?

Coinciding with the Olympics, Abe and I are approaching an exciting hurdle of our own- I have been hired as a Hall Advisor for Brigham Young University and we will be moving to Provo on August 10th!  We can not be more grateful.  It's a great job opportunity with amazing benefits, not to mention it's within my skill set.  We are so excited and- well, you get the idea.

On the other hand, we will miss certain things about our brief life in New Mexico, like some certain acquaintances we are starting to call friends.  Everyone has been so kind here and we've had some great adventures, like exploring Mesa Verda and La Plata Canyon.  I've learned so much like, it's best to just ignore the exceedingly rude comments from some customers.  And how to knit and pearl.  And how to make a dress.  We hope to keep that learning streak up as we begin a brand new semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment