Sunday, September 16, 2012

Life so far...

has been really great!  Abe and I have enjoyed life in Provo, so far.  We're loving living so close to family, especially such generous ones as ours.  I am actually currently using our laptop on the desk my Aunt Pam gave to us a few days ago.

Honestly, it's been humbling to see so many huge blessings from God in such a short period of time.  We have a great apartment, furniture that was donated to our cause or purchased at a really low price (we bought a new mattress set at the same price for which we sold our old one!), and great jobs.  I love the people I work with and Abe recently told me that he actually enjoys doing his homework, now that it pertains to his career! :)

We also had a great blessing recently at a dinner held for new graduate students.  Abe went to the graduate student fair and picked up some raffle tickets (at no charge) while going around to different booths and was told that prizes would be given out that night at the dinner.  There were tons of little prizes already drawn by the time we arrived, and I think Abe was a little bummed that he was going to miss out on two free hamburgers and a t-shirt from In-N-Out Burger.  Then, at the end of the dinner, they drew for two half tuition and a full tuition scholarship for next semester.  I was the only one who cheered when Abe's ticket was called for the full tuition scholarship.  We couldn't believe it!  Usually, you only get to watch people go up and pick up a great prize like that, but there was my husband, getting a certificate and cracking silly jokes into the microphone.  Definitely humbling.  Definitely grateful.

We've also had our share of new nephews born.  Both surprised their parents and had their respective fathers help them into the world.  We're so blessed that they got here safely!  Plus, they've got a great aunt and uncle now.  :)

Super surprise, I'm grateful for the summer to be over and am happy to see the first signs of Fall.  Maybe it's because I've come out of the hottest summer I've ever endured, and maybe it's because I know I won't have to face feet of snow and single digits this winter, but I am so looking forward to the cooler weather, the jackets, and the boots.

Then again, maybe it's because I'm warmer now than usual.  That's probably due to the fact that I have more blood pumping into my body, now that I'm pregnant.  Yep!  Abe and I are expecting our first child (whom we have decided to call Buxtehude until he/she is born).  Little "Buki" is due around the eleventh of April, which is finals week and check out week here at BYU, but we'll take him anyway he'll come.

Like I said, life has been great and we have only good evidence that God will continue to bless our lives as He sees fit!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on everything! I think the baby should be called Pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay we are so so so excited for you! we love the blog updates -you guys are incredible. You are going to be the cutest pregnant myler of us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Pudding may not be the best name, but I'll run it by Abe...

    Heather, the acne on my face tells me different things. *grumble*

    ReplyDelete
  4. whAT? You have a blog? I really do think you are going to be the cutest pregnant lady. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you Caitlin. You are such kind and deserving people. Congratulations to you both on the start of your wonderful, fruitful lives <3

    ReplyDelete