Thursday, March 28, 2013

Life as a Momma-to-be

So, here it is, March 27th and giving birth is suddenly a very real and upcoming event.  We've had nine months to prepare and we're still doing some last minute scrambling.  We've taken our Lamaze class (birthing videos were a revelation), gotten him a bed, stroller, and car seat, had a baby shower, and have been extra cautious.  The most adventurous I've been is bouncing on an exercise ball during a voice lesson.
Pregnancy has been mostly good to me.  My skin decided to opt for the break-out instead of glowy look and anytime I put on a shirt or dress that isn't close-fitting I feel as though I've just donned a circus tent, but I've probably been more healthy, happy, and hungry than ever.  If it weren't for being so big, I'd say that pregnancy looks good on me.
A few weeks ago the questions along the lines of, "Are you ready to have that baby yet?" started.  The answer is always, "I guess."  The truth is, as I sit a week away from due date, I wouldn't mind it if Buki stayed in me forever (the only downside being the clothes and the chubby face).  Inside of me, I know that he's safe and that I can definitely take care of him.  Outside of me, he can get into any sort of trouble.  Perhaps it's dealing with residents and some of their bad choices everyday at work, but I am just so anxious for my son to be good.  To learn and grow up to be a real man who respects everyone around him and makes everyone feel safe and cared for.  I want him to be a beautiful person who has his father's Muppet-like sense of humour and calm.  I don't want him to make those decisions that will have negative consequences.  I don't want him to be influenced by bad friends.  I don't want him to forget his divine origins and his sacred responsibilities as a son of Heavenly Father.  Yet it's slowly dawning on me; making mistakes is a part of life.  How can I ever expect him to be a real person if he never learns to make his own decisions?  Will I ever stop loving this precious life inside of me who loves to be massaged at 10:30 p.m. each night, adores sugar, and prefers Gruberova to Netrebko?  Never.  Making choices is part of the plan of this existence and I can't ignore it or come up with a better system.  I'm so excited to finally hold my child in my arms, but beyond that I am only planning on doing my best and perhaps flying by the seat of my pants a bit.  We can't wait to see his beautiful face in only a few short days, weeks, or whenever he decides to come.

The next post includes a bunch of pictures that I have been forgetting to put up since we've moved to Provo.  We're really slow about uploading pictures from our camera.
How I told my parents: "Say, 'cheese'!"

"Say, 'tiger'!"
"Say, ' Caitlin's pregnant'!"












No comments:

Post a Comment