Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas (belatedly)

We have successfully been in New Mexico for four and a half days.  It's been an adventure.  We've been having a great time experiencing sage, brown, frisbee golf on a course made on a rocky terrain, music together, houses lit up so bright that one has to turn off one's headlights while driving past, delicious food, an adorable niece and nephew, family photos, and a stomach bug.  Okay, so maybe Abe isn't quite enjoying the stomach bug right now, but he's being well taken care of.
The biggest issue of the stomach bug is probably that those who are infected aren't able to eat the amazing food that is prepared for us daily.  We've had homemade ribs, Coquilles Saint Jacques (which was part of the six course meal for Christmas Eve!), chocolate bread pudding, panacotta, hot breakfasts EVERY morning, and all I've had to do to get it was show up and wash dishes!  Steal of a deal.
Crystal, Abe's sister, has been taking a lot of pictures, so mayhaps I can steal some from her and post them here.  It's been a blast getting to know the Myler family.  We've been playing games and talking and just generally having Christmas adventures.
It was wonderful to go to church for Christmas this year.  I think we should do that every year, personally.  Although, I suppose that's not always practical where children are concerned.  It was nice to listen to the Plan of Happiness in detail and the joy Christ brings.  As I look around me I am filled with gratitude for my situation and the amazing plenty that I have.  Who could ask for more?
Time for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment